College is an exceptional opportunity to grow academically and socially, but it’s not the only option for gaining valuable experience that can be applied to a fulfilling career. In fact, there are more and more alternatives available for adults and recent high school graduates who desire continuing education without the substantial time or financial commitment that is often required with college.
Simply put, college is not the only pathway to a bright career. Many people have come to find programs and certification courses that offer greater flexibility and affordability than a 2 or 4-year college degree while still yielding valuable outcomes that set them up for professional success.
In particular, NuPaths offers a variety of programs in Information Technology and Business Technology that are a good fit for adults wanting to grow or change careers, or recent high school graduates wanting to enter the workforce.
Certification programs offered through NuPaths provide a variety of benefits compared to traditional college programs. The key advantage is that the concentrated programs can be completed in about six months which means students are entering the workforce much faster and with less debt. Keep reading to learn more about the advantages and opportunities of enrolling in one of NuPaths certification programs right now.
Advantages of Certification Programs
- It’s Focused - You will learn the skills employers are seeking and the information needed to attain industry-recognized certifications. These programs provide what is needed to succeed in a specific job role, focusing directly on the information that will have the greatest immediate impact.
- It’s Affordable - Because the course content is designed to be taught in six months, this requires less instruction time, which reduces the cost, while still delivering the most valuable information needed for your next career step. Additionally, you will not have to relocate to a new city, find an apartment, or pay for a dorm room since classes are almost exclusively accessed online with live instructor-led sessions.. Finally, the cost of certification exams is included in your tuition so there are no surprises costs.
- It’s Flexible - NuPaths offers both online and in-person classes so that students can learn in a way that best matches their personality and learning style. Whether online or in-person, you’ll develop technical skills, learn to master the latest software and become comfortable with how technology supports business operations.
If you’re a recent high school graduate, the college credits you earn with NuPaths can later be applied to a degree program at colleges across the US, and perhaps be paid for through an employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
For those completely new to technology, career services support includes connections to apprenticeship programs with companies like Aon, Multiverse, TranZed, and Urbun Technology Project that allow you to continue to learn while you earn, after completing the NuPaths pre-apprenticeship program.
Most importantly, NuPaths begins preparing students on the very first day to get a job through our comprehensive career services support. No time is wasted and the main objective of the certification programs remains hyper-focused on job placement and career success from start to finish.
- IT Security Analyst - This cyber security program prepares students to work for organizations to help protect critical systems from internet attacks.
- Technical Support Specialist - Students attain the skills to help people at all levels of an organization get their jobs done through well-functioning, secure technology.
- Network Technician - Gain the fundamental skills needed to install networks and configure equipment like mobile phones, laptops, and printers.
- Associate Website Developer - This course teaches the skills needed to work on teams that will build and maintain websites and web applications.
- Digital Marketing Assistant - Learn the necessary skills and certifications needed to assist the marketing team in implementing and monitoring online marketing strategies.
- Software Testing Analyst - This program equips students with the skills needed to excel in software testing roles, ensuring the quality and reliability of software applications.
- Project Analyst - Prepare for roles in project management, where you'll learn how to plan, execute, and manage projects effectively to achieve business objectives.
Benefits and Outcomes
Students can expect to gain immediately valuable skills, ongoing career development, and job placement support. Additionally, each program provides:
- A project that showcases the skills you have learned in the program
- Four to six industry-recognized certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Adobe and Google
- Up to eight college credits from Harrisburg University
- The soft skills needed to succeed through our business skills workshop
- Career services support to help grow your tech career now and in the future
NuPaths programs are designed to help individuals acquire the knowledge, industry certifications, and professional networks needed to succeed. For many, certification programs provide a welcome alternative to a college degree that does not require the same time commitment or financial investment. The best time to learn more and take the next step to advance your career is always “right now.” Don’t delay your future; have a conversation today that you’ll be grateful for tomorrow. Get started here.